November 13, 2019
Miranda Deleidi '22 & Audrey Ouellette '22
We recently interviewed the English teacher Mr. Chiasson and asked him some interesting questions. Here is what he said:
1. What is your favorite movie and why?
The Big Lebowski because it's an in-depth study of what it means to be a man in our society and it also offers a paradigm of the ideal man in the character Jeffrey Lebowski.
2. How do you feel about the new attendance policy?
He is in favor of any attendance policy.
3. Favorite animal and why?
Humans because they are the most fun to study.
4. Can you tell when students are cheating on tests?
Yes, if they’re looking down at their lap at their phone.
5. If you were in high school right now would you join the Tanner Times?
Yes. He would want to be the editor.
6. What is the most annoying things students can do?
When there is a great discussion about literature and someone raises their hand and he thinks they are going to ask something profound but they ask “Can I use the bathroom?”
7. Favorite holiday?
His birthday because currently it’s not observed at the appropriate level.
8. Favorite number and why?
Seven, but he doesn't know why.
9. What do you really think of the Vision of the Graduate?
He thinks that the Vision of the Graduate is trying to inculcate in students something that teachers have been doing anyhow and we are just having to name it now.
10 Worst thing you have ever eaten and why?
In first grade he ate half a box of crayons which wasn’t good.
Teacher of the Week
Songs of the Week